Freemasonry is relevant and needed in a world desperate for organizations dedicated to serving humanity and local communities, honorable living, tolerance, moderation, self-reliance, equality, and liberty.
- Be a man at least 18 years of age
- Be of good moral character
- A Belief in God
- Ask to join
- Resident of Indiana (Minimum 6 months)
Steps to Membership
Complete and submit a membership petition along with the initiation fee
- You will be contacted by member of Humboldt #42 for an interview
- At our next meeting, the members of the Lodge will vote on your petition
- A member of the Lodge will contact you within a few days after the meeting
The Initiation Process
The Lodge will perform three degrees (initiation ceremonies) for your education and enjoyment. These ceremonies are very dignified and inspirational. At no time will horseplay or indignities enter into the program. These degrees are very solemn and Masons take the task of making Masons very seriously. After becoming a Master Mason, the third degree of the lodge, you may seek membership in the many other Masonic related groups, often referred to as appendant bodies. The process can take three to six months. It is very rewarding and will help you to get to know the brothers at Humboldt #42.
There are many more degrees you can take and several different groups you may choose to get involved with as you grow in the fraternity. These are only available to you after becoming a Master Mason.
Ready to Join?